Friday 8 April 2011

Opening Sequence final product

This is our final product of our opening sequence. I am pleased with the result of our work and feel we have achieved the horror genre by using the convensions applied.
If I could change the film I would have liked to have filmed at a darker time of the day. However if we had done so I don't think we would have been able to film as much due to everyones after school scheduals.I like the variation of camera shots used and the mise en scene we applied. I think we have successfully created a horror product. I would have liked to have created our own production name and logo but was unable to because of being short on time and group absences.

Things I like about the film:
  • Variation of camera angles (especially worms eye view as the victim walks towards and steps over the camer)
  • The costume of the killer (created by myself) I feel is realistic and scary.
  • The setting (The forest was thick and dense creating an isolated and suffercated feel).
  • The music(I feel it went well with the genre and created fear in the audience)
Things I felt could be improved:
  • Tension could have been built sooner by introducing quick flashes of the killer.
  • Dialogue could have been clearer.
  • Lighting could have been darker.
  • More blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment